This drone will follow you anywhere you go, and it will do so by using sensors, gyroscopes and 1 overrided thruster. Read on to find out more!
The automatic follow drone works on the principle of 5 sensors:
- Forward sensor, activating the overrided thruster, thrusting the follow drone forward, and shutting the thruster off once player is in the proximity of the sensor.
- Left sensor, activates the left yaw gyroscope once player enters the range and turns it off once the drone is aligned with the player.
- Right sensor, does the exact same thing, but on the other side obviously
- Top sensor, yet again, activates the top pitch gyroscope pitching the nose forward
- Bottom sensor, opposite of the top sensor.
So basically, while aligned the player is in the “null zone” triggering only the forward movement sensor which shuts down the forward thruster. Also there’s the 5th gyroscope which is always set to normal mode to stabilize the drone while the other gyros are turned off.
- 7 thrusters
- 6 sensors
- 1 battery
- 5 gyroscopes
- 2 buttons
- medium cargo container
You can try this drone out for yourself on the workshop.
Using this thing, and usefulness
Could you imagine how much did you walk around your station, carrying resources, flying small ships with resources, well now you can have an automatic follow drone do that for you. Relax and enjoy building while the drone goes anywhere you go! This mechanism can obviously be incorporated into many other things, you can also set this auto follow drone on a small ship! You can have several of these in a train structure! Set your mind free and try this thing out!
Also I imagine once programming comes out, this will be much easier and precise to do, as I will also be programming the strike drones, as well as the defense drones, and maybe even scout drones with cameras which would patrol the area and send messages to the faction if it finds an enemy.
In the future I will focus a lot on drones, and I also created the drone category on the blog so you guys can follow all the drone stuff more easily.
That’s it for now, gFleka!